We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our 2 bedroom, 1st floor Apartment. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
• We have an extensive website, with diagrams of the floor / room layouts and pictures of all the rooms and the Village
• Bookings / enquiries can be made via email, or by telephone.
• All guests are provided with written directions to Apartment (available in different font size and dyslexia friendly font, on request)
• The nearest bus stop is 0.25 mile away (level Walk)
• Falmouth Docks Railway Station is 0.35 mile away (level Walk)
• Falmouth Town Railway Station is 0.5 mile away (Via key collection point, otherwise 375 meters, via town entrance – pedestrian only
• Water taxi is 0.25 mile away (level Walk)
• Falmouth Town and shops are 0.5 mile (level Walk)
• This access statement is available is also available in the ‘Welcome File’ in the Apartment
arrival & car parking facilities
• There is an allocated parking space approximately 48 meters form the apartment.
• The parking area is level Tarmac flat and even
• The route between the apartement mainly level Paving Flags but there are some small, slight inclines, also there is an uneven Cobbled Stone section (21 meters)
• There is additional parking in the overflow car park – approximately 90 meters from the apartment. Mainly level Paving Flags but there are some small, slight inclines and Cobbled Stones (21 meters)
• Parking is not permitted on any of the roads in the village.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, lift & Landing
• The entrance at the front has a threshold (50mm, door hinged on the left). The door is 75cm wide and the keyhole lock is 97cms high. The door is self-closing
• Inside the front entrance is a large area (2.3 x 5.6m) which leads to the lift, staircase and other apartments.
• Decor is light and airy, skirting and doors are white, carpets are grey
• Fire escape signs are illuminated and there is emergency lighting to guide you to safety in an emergency
• The lift doors are 80cm wide, the interior is 1.1 by 1.32 meters. It has visual floor indicators and call buttons.
• The staircase is accessed from each landing by a self closing door (75cm wide). The ground floor door has a threshold, 30mm. There are 2 flights of stairs to the first floor, with a landing in between. The stairs are 19cm high, 28cm deep, 92cm wide. There is a handrail on the left side
• Each flight has 7 treads
• The door is 76cm wide inwards opening to a hall, threshold 5mm. Key hole 86cm high and is directly opposite the lift. There is an automatic welcome light outside the apartment
• The light switch is on the wall immediately to the right
• The hall is initially 94cm wide for 1.2 meters and then opens up to 1.6 meters wide. The hall leads to the kitchen/dining room, lounge, bedrooms and bathroom. The end of the hall is ‘L’ shaped to the left, 83cm wide and leads to the 2nd bedroom • There are also 2 cupboards off the hall. One cupboard has a double folding door, which opens out (76cm wide)
• The second cupboard is directly opposite the entrance door and houses shelving.
• The Apartment décor is light, pastel colours with white woodwork and doors.
• Laminate flooring throughout except for the kitchen (Lino floor tiles), bathroom (grey ceramic floor tiles) • The bathroom is all white wall tiles, shower (clear glass cubical) and white suite. Ceramic slate effect floor tiles.
• Smoke alarm fitted in the hall.• The light switch is on the wall immediately to the right
Lounge 3.48 x 3.94m
Kitchen with Dining room 3.37 x 3.9m
• The dining room is within the kitchen
• Round glass top dining table, 72cm floor to lowest point of table, 1.05m circumference
• Central pedestal legs with 4 feet
• Free space between table and walls is at least 70cm all around, (movable)
• 4 faux leather chairs, no arms
•Door width 65cm wide, 8mm threshold
• Ample work surface extend along 2 sides of the room with cupboards/appliances underneath. Worktop height 90cm
• Double electric built in oven and grill. Doors are drop down, height of lowest shelf 95cm, can be accessed from the front
•Grill is incorporated in the top oven, shelf height is 140cm
•Controls for the oven and grill are above the grill, height is 163cm
• Sink is 90cm high with cupboards underneath
• Hob is 90cm high and halogen, sensor control. A combination microwave is also available on the worktop.
• Crockery etc is in the wall cupboards
• Flooring is Lino floor tiles
• At least 100cm free space between all furniture and worktops
• Evenly lit kitchen with LED spotlights above work surfaces and in centre of room
• Good contrast between floor, cupboards and surfaces
• Full size fridge and full size separate freezer, fitted under worktops
• Front loading automatic washer/dryer, fitted under worktops
•Built in 4 place dishwasher is located in cupboard under hob, with drop down door
Main Bedroom 2.88 x 4.0m
• Door width 65cm wide, 0mm threshold
• King size bed provided
• Non Feather duvets and pillows provided
• Largest transfer space available to left or right of bed is 1.2 metres.
• Built in double wardrobe to the right of the bed, 20mm threshold.
2nd Bedroom 2.47 x 2.78m
• Door width 65cm wide, 0mm threshold
• Double bed provided
• Largest transfer space available to left or right of bed is 50cm.
• Single mirror wardrobe to either side of the bed.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC 1.77 x 2.07m
• Door width 65cm, 5mm threshold
• Large walk in shower to the left (no door), basin and w/c to the right• Clearance between basin and shower is 83cm, clearance between w/c and shower cubicle is 61cm
• The toilet seat is 41cm high – the basin is located to the right and the space to the left is 11cm. The basin height is 93cm
• There is no bath
• The step into the shower cubicle is 17cm high, with the width of the shower opening being 62cm, then reducing to 51cm
• The height of the electric shower unit is 160cm
• There is a hand rail affixed to the shower wall (on right, when facing the shower unit)
• The room also has a wall mounted heated towel rail and fan heater
• The floor surface is ceramic tiles
Grounds and Gardens
• There are picturesque landscaped gardens and a Yatch marina on site, with wheelchair access most of the way around.
• The Apartment buildings are arranged to form a square, with a large central communal area in the centre
• There are landscaped gardens with grass and a large Pergola with a table and 4 chairs (access is excellent, though the ground can be a little uneven, and is a mixture of mainly flags and some cobbled stones) in the square.
• Information folder is provided which includes general instructions etc, emergency information and all manufacturers instruction leaflets for appliances etc
• Good mobile phone reception
• Complimentary WiFi
• A smoke alarm is fitted in the hall and fire blanket fitted in the kitchen
• The flat is no smoking
• There is no separate laundry but there is a standard size washer/dryer, which is front loading, provided in the kitchen.
• There is a Tesco Express (open approx. 06:00 to 22:00 7 days) 0.25 mile level walk and a Grocery Store 0.25 miles away.
• Port Pendennis Village is a gated community. The estate is flanked by a wall and electronic access gates. The main entrance (east) has double wrought iron gates for vehicle access and a side gate for pedestrian access. Access is via key card
• There is a second pedestrian access gate on the north side (town)
• All roads and pavements are level and in good order.